If you’re considering whether to buy new sunglasses, then you might already know what you need and what to look for. If you’re not sure, or think that all sunglasses are pretty much the same, then here’s what you need to know.
1. You’ll need to establish why you want new sunglasses. Perhaps yours are broken, scratched or you’ve lost them? They might not offer you the protection you need, or might look out of date.
2. Knowing what you’ll wear your shades for can also help determine what sort of wayfarer sunglasses you might need. If you want a new pair of sunglasses for looking cool on your holiday, then you’ll have different requirements compared to if you want them for running, or playing golf.
3. How often you’ll wear your sunglasses can also make a difference as to whether you need to buy new sunglasses. If you wear yours every time the sun comes out, or for driving, then you’ll get lots more wear out of them compared to someone who only wears them on holiday.
4. It’s important that you decide how long you want your new sunglasses to last, by thinking about whether a fashionable pair is what you’re looking for. A fashionable style or colour might look good now, but might look out of date in a few months, or next year.
5. No matter what style you choose, or what you want them you’re your new sunglasses need to protect your eyes first, and look good second. You don’t want to risk your sight all in the name of fashion.
6. If you need sports sunglasses, then these are likely to have additional features compared to normal sunglasses. You’ll want polarising lenses for cycling or running, and perhaps interchangeable lenses for fishing or golf, so that you can see properly, no matter how bright it is. In addition, you’ll need your lenses to offer plenty of protection from flying insects and grit too.
7. Your sunglasses need to fit well and be comfortable. Whilst you might not mins so much when you’re sat on the beach, ill fitting sunglasses can cause real problems on a 6hr bike ride.
8. You’ll want your sunglasses to be durable and reliable, so that they’ll last. You might put them away straight after your holiday, and save them for next year, or you might wipe them down, ready for your next round of golf, day fishing, or mountain or road bike ride.
9. If you are looking at buying new sunglasses, then you might have a brand in mind. Perhaps you’ll choose a high fashion brand, a designer brand, or a sporting brand. You might just want the best sunglasses for the job.
10. No matter how much you’re spending, you’ll want value for money from your sunglasses. You’ll want them to do the job well, and if you’ve bought fashionable or stylish shades, then you’ll want them to look good too. There’s no point in spending a lot of money on sunglasses that you’ll never wear, and there’s no point in economising when it comes to your eyes. If you need sports sunglasses, then it makes sense to get good ones.